Echinacea purpurea and Apis mellifera Linnaeus

"Echinacea purpurea and Apis mellifera Linnaeus" - McKinney, Texas
Now that I'm starting to really get the hang of blogging pretty regularly, I feel like there needs to be a little more to my blog.  As much as I like my photos, and hope you do too, there needs to be a little more content.  So, here goes...
This photo of a purple cone flower and a bee was taking in the backyard of a friend's house here in McKinney.  Her house was on the McKinney Garden Club house tour, and for good reason.  My friend, Fredda, is a fabulous artist, lots of mosaics and sculptures from recycled items, and she lives in a huge pink Victorian house.  That combination means that you end up with a wonderfully unique house, surrounded by beautiful landscaping punctuated with bright, colorful touches of whimsy.  I'm going to ask Fredda's permission to share some of the other photos I took of her yard and then you'll get to see just how clever you can be with your landscape.

Needless to say, Fredda's house was a big draw on the tour, so there were a fair number of people milling about when I was taking this photo.  I think more than a few thought I was a bit mental because I spent at least 10 minutes photographing the same flower, but I got this fabulous shot so it was worth it!

I hope that you all have a great Thursday, a quick Friday, and a long, relaxing weekend!

*"Enchinacea purpurea and Apis mellifera Linnaaeus" is for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

***Update***
I spoke with Fredda and I'll be sharing more photos from her fabulous house soon.  Keep your eyes open!

Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.