Ranunculus

The next flower that I am going to share with you is a Ranunculus.  Don't you just love that name, Ranunculus?!?  According to Albert's Florist, Ranunculus is Latin for little frog, which makes me like it even more.  Albert's Florist has some interesting stories related to the Ranunculus, if you want to give them a read. 

"Ranunculus" - Chicago Botanic Garden
There are several different species within the Ranunculus family.  The ones that I am drawn to have densely petaled flowers and come in a variety of colors.  I have yet to try my hand at planting them outside, but I have successfully killed two inside.  It's always a bit of a bummer when you kill a plant that your excited about, but I will try planting them outside next time and we'll see how that goes.

Have a good week!

*"Ranunculus" is for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.