Cercis canadensis var. texensis

Today I had thought that I would share with your a watercolor series that I've been working on, but I'm having a little trouble getting the gold watercolor paint to scan right.  I'm going to keep working on that and in the meantime I'm going to share a couple of photos of a Texas Redbud.

"Cercis canadensis var. texensis 1" - Texas Redbud in McKinney, Texas

This photo was taken in 2010 when we had a freak snow storm one night in March.

"Cercis canadensis var. texensis 2" - Texas Redbud in McKinney, Texas


This photo was taken 10 days later.  Can you believe it?  Spring, winter, spring.  Our weather seems to bounce around a fair amount here.  Summer being the one major exception and that just seems to fluctuate between brutal and unbearable.

First I love the white snow bursts and the black night sky.  I think my parents' neighbors probably thought my mom and I had a couple of screws loose because we were both outside in the middle of the night taking pictures of the snow and flowers.  All of my mom's infamous tulips had already bloomed and they acted as little cups catching the falling snow.  Fantastic imagery, but I think that this redbud photo turned out better than any of the tulip photos.  I also love how dark the redbud branches look in the second photo because I was standing under them looking up into the bright, blue sky.  I have visions of using the second image as a background for a multi-media piece.

I can't  think of a good redbud story to share with you all, I'll work on something fun for Thursday.  It's been pretty overcast here, but there is a tulip tree down the street from me that I've got my eye on.  I'm hoping to get some good shots of it in the near future.  Another pink tree to share.

*"Cercis canadensis var. texensis 1" and "Cercis canadensis var. texensis 2" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.