Daddy's Little Princess and Her Hero

We're leaving my Flora and Fauna series behind today and I'm going to share a sweet moment between a father and daughter.

"Daddy's Little Princess and Her Hero" - Austin, Texas

I took this photo with an old manual camera that my parents gave me when I was in high school.  They had used it for many years before giving it to me, and I've had it for longer than I'd like to admit, so it's pretty old and weights a ton, but it takes wonderful black and white photos!


This picture was taken at a rally while I was in college at the University of Texas in Austin.  There were rallies for something or other most everyday which made for great people watching.  At this particular rally this little girl was with her father who was filming the event.  While Dad was engrossed in the events that were unfolding in front of him, his daughter was doing the dance that every little kid knows, the "I've got to pee" dance.  She would occasionally get distracted by a bug, someone's shirt, a particularly shiny rock in the paving.  At one point she decided to take a break from dancing and snuggle up to her dad.  I loved her curly hair against her father's arm.

Fathers and daughters have a special place in my heart, mainly because my dad is awesome!  Once upon a time I was that curly headed kid dancing around, yanking on my father's arm, asking if we could go here or there, what's that, and completely distracting him from the task at hand.  Here's to all of the fathers and daughters, may you have a wonderfully distracting, dancing, arm yanking relationship.

*"Daddy's Little Princess and Her Hero" is for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.