Iris, Rose, Hydrangea Oh My

Oh, and a wasp trap just for good measure.

"Turquoise" - McKinney , Texas
Interesting fact, well I thought it was interesting at least: The lady in Round Top that sold me this wasp trap gets them from Sweden, and they aren't actually wasp traps.  They are fly traps.  The Swedes call flies wasps.  Told you it was interesting!
"Iris germanica 8" - McKinney, Texas
This iris is from a house just down the street from me.  Love the chain link fence in the background, don't you?  No verbal assault this time, though I was walking down an alley and I was a little worried that one of the homeowners might think I was being creepy walking down an alley with my super large new camera.
"Rosa 1" - McKinney, Texas
Speaking of verbal assaults: The iris protector from last week let me take pictures of her roses.  Beautiful, right?  The roses are actually this great tomato red, though with the afternoon light they appear more traditional red in my photos.  I'm hoping to go back this weekend at a time when the light is better.  There are actually plants all over my neighborhood that I want to try and take pictures of.  Stock up for the brutal summer and winter.
"Hydrangea macrophylla 1" - McKinney, Texas
And finally a hydrangea.  The flower balls on this plant, technically called mophead flowers, which if you think about it is even better than flower balls...Anyway, the mophead flowers were the size of a kids head!  A little bit smaller than a basketball, but certainly bigger than a softball!  I'm sure you all know that the color of the flowers on a Hydrangea macrophylla will tell you if your soil is acidic or alkaline.  Acidic soils make the flowers turn blue and aklaline soils make the flowers turn pink.

*"Turquoise," "Iris germanica 8," "Rosa 1," and "Hydrangea macrophylla 1" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.