Rosy Red

So, it's the first day of school here and during our morning walk the school buses were abundant once again.

"Rosa red 5" - McKinney, Texas
I was in line behind a lady who was buying 3 new sets of school supplies at the store the other day.   There were 3 boxes of new crayons, 3 boxes of new markers, 3 sets of childproof, can't even cut water, scissors and I was a little bit jealous.  Not of the scissors, I like my big girl scissors that actually cut things.  But I was jealous of the childhood delight of new crayons and markers and school, for that matter.  Walking into a new classroom that always smelled of a strange mix of paper, glue, crayons, summer memories, and eagerness.  Recess was an event and the joy of aces a test.
"Rosa red 3" - McKinney, Texas
I can't say that I inhale deeply when I get to the office day after day or that the smell ever really changes (except when someone brings in some particularly odorous food item, generally good smells that send my stomach grumbling).  I do get a bit giddy when I get a new pen or software, but maybe that's just me.  As an adult I have found my delight in the ever changing, always evolving landscape around me...and my pets, can't forget them...oh and friends and family too, blah, blah, blah.  (Luckily they will all laugh that my pets came first.)
"Rosa red 4" - McKinney, Texas

Today's thrill is the deep vermilion of my neighbor's roses.


*"Rosa red 5", "Rosa red 3," and "Rosa red 4" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.