Spiders and Snoopy

Ok, there are a few things that you need to know up front: 1) Growing up my mother was a registered nurse.  Worked in hospitals, doctors' offices, the whole nine yards.  2) My brother was a little drama king when he was younger.  It was a short lived phase, luckily, but for a while there he would be hysterical with any little thing, like his big sister sitting on him.  And 3) these pictures have nothing to do with the story, I just like Green Spider Chrysanthemums, aka Dendranthema x grandiflorum.

"Dendranthema x grandiflorum 1" - McKinney, Texas
My brother and I were never the kids that spent every weekend at the emergency room for sport or activity related injuries.  This doesn't mean that we weren't active kids, we totally were.  It also doesn't mean that we never got hurt, we totally did.  We were just usually lucky enough not to do any major damage.  When there was major damage it tended to be pretty spectacular.
"Dendranthema x grandiflorum 2" - McKinney, Texas
When the bro was about 4 we went to have dinner with some family friends.  They have a son that is a few years older than me.  He, we'll call him M, was my first crush.  I can't even tell you how many fish I named after him.  That sounds like a weird tribute now, but...Anyway, M had a schnauzer named Snoopy.    Snoopy was an older dog and not particularly crazy about anyone but M.  The bro was trying to pet Snoopy, probably a little harder than Snoopy was used to.  We did have a dog at home, so the bro was better than a lot of little kids, but we had a big dog and Jeremy, our dog, was young and liked to rough house.  Snoopy was not interested in the bro's pets and he reared up and took a chunk out of the underside of the bro's chin!  Then the screaming and mania commenced.  I'm talking about the bro and my mom!  Yes, my mom the nurse.
"Dendranthema x grandiflorum 3" - McKinney, Texas
At the emergency room mom was instructed to stay in the waiting room because she was crying frantically and wailing for someone to come and take care of her baby.  Yep, all that training just went flying out the window.  Then the bro had to be strapped down to a gurney because he wouldn't hold still long enough for anyone to even look at the bite.  This resulted in loud, repeated screams of, "I can't breath...You're killing me...I can't breath!"  That's pretty much the same thing he'd say when I'd sit on him too.  What a drama king!

Everything worked out in the end.  The bro got a few stitches, no scar, and we all learned that mom is not to be left in charge of a bloody emergency involving her own kids.

*"Dendranthema x grandiflorum 1", "Dendranthema x grandiflorum 2," and "Dendranthema x grandiflorum 3" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.