Good Night Sweet Kitty

Over the last few weeks I have talked whined about moving the office, the issues with my house (add mice to that list), and my car, but what I wasn't talking about was the declining health of my sweet cat, Athena.  On Monday Athena crossed that rainbow bridge and thankfully left behind all of her troubles.

Athena
Athena was a hot mess.  She was allergic to regular proteins and had to eat this expensive alternative protein cat food.  She was skiddish around people and it took YEARS for her to be comfortable enough not to hide every time a person came into the room that she was in.  She hated to be held, but loved to be petted and loved on.  And her most favorite place in the world, even in the middle of the million decree Texas summers, was laying on me.  Either in my lap, on my stomach, draped around my neck, it didn't matter, as long as she was close to my face and making me unbelievably hot she was a happy kitty.  I called her my fuzzy radiator.  She'd look at me very indignantly when I would move her because I was dying of heat stroke and then proceed to lay back down exactly where she had been before...And I'd let her because who could say no to that face especially when she only wanted to be close to me.
Athena
Athena spent her first two weeks with me hiding under my bed.  She would not come out for love, food, water, the litter box, nothing.  I ended up putting all those things under my bed as soon as it became evident that she was not coming out.  And then one day she did.
Athena
I told you, Athena was a hot mess.  But she was my hot mess and I'm going to really miss that pretty little fuzzy face.
Athena

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.