Little Bit of German

This past weekend was McKinney's Oktoberfest.

"Little German Boy" - McKinney, Texas
My office is currently on the square in downtown McKinney which is where Oktoberfest was.  The people that set this all up and took it all down did a fantastic job!  Friday was a bit of an inconvenience because they started setting things up Thursday night, but Oktoberfest started on Friday so there weren't many options.  The whole thing streatched around the entire square and down each side road.
"Alpine Dancers 1" - McKinney, Texas
There were two stages with bands and dancers.
"Alpine Dancers 2" - McKinney, Texas
This photo was taken right after the little girl lost her shoe at the beginning of the first dance.  She then sat down and put her shoe back on while her partner danced with himself.  There were claps, a-la paddy cake style, which he also did all by himself, so it was hilarious!
"Alpine Dancers 3" - McKinney, Texas
There was good food, of course.  I didn't think about taking a picture of my food until I was pretty much done, so...
"Brats" - McKinney, Texas
And then there was my favorite part: the weenie dog races!
"Weenie Race 1" - McKinney, Texas
My friends at the Canine Cookie Company donated little bags of treats as consolation prizes while the winners, or weeniers, got little trophies.  I am SO sorry about that terrible pun!  I couldn't contain it, but if it makes you feel any better I am VERY disappointed in myself.
"Weeniers" - McKinney, Texas
They also made these adorable weenie dog treats especially for Oktoberfest.
"Alpine Hat 1" - McKinney, Texas
There was even more that I will share with you next week, including pictures of some bizarre looking chickens, more dancers, some musicians, and more!

*"Little German Boy," "Alpine Dancers 1," "Alpine Dancers 2," "Alpine Dancers 3," "Brats," "Weenie Race 1," "Weeniers,"and "Alpine Hat 1" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.