Glitter In All Its Glory!

More icy branches today... ice and sunlight, nature's glitter.

"Nature's Glitter 1" - McKinney, Texas
Glitter: that makes me think of Demetri Martin...
"Nature's Glitter 2" - McKinney, Texas
I'm quite fond of Demetri Martin, the comedian.  Not only is he very clever, but he also regularly and freely discusses his affection for using glitter and rainbows in his art. Yep, that is a guy who is secure in his manhood. Anyway, he has a saying, "glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." It's a rather crass sentiment after my SUPER airy fairy girly "ice and sunlight, nature's glitter,"but so true!  (By the way, "ice and sunlight, nature's glitter," should be read in a Snow White voice, all high pitched and innocent, to have the proper effect.  Ballet steps, leaps, turns, fluttering your arms like wings, etc. is all optional, but highly encouraged.)
I've been putting up my Christmas decorations and, surprise surprise, a lot of my Christmas decorations are covered in glitter, which means Pepper and I spent much of the weekend covered in glitter ourselves (and getting glitter off a wiggly lab is a task)!
"Nature's Glitter 3" - McKinney, Texas
I was telling my friend Janice about this story and I said that I probably ate my fair share of glitter over the weekend because no matter how many times you wash your hands it keeps appearing!  She laughed and asked what food group glitter would fall under.  After WAY more discussion than this insanity deserved, we decided that craft supplies should get their own food group.  So the next time you get a note from your kid's teacher about how your kid was eating paste or glue or crayons or whatever other strange crafty thing kids eat, you can just say that your kid was making sure that they ate something from all 6 food groups: Fruits, Vegetables, Grain, Dairy, Protein, and Craft Supplies.

*"Nature's Glitter 1," "Nature's Glitter 2," and "Nature's Glitter 3" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.