Happy Belated New Year's

I am off to a stellar start in 2014, aren't I?  I figure I made you relive Christmas last week, so why not make you relive New Year's this week.  I was actually going to do both Christmas and New Year's last week, but I kept working through lunch at my big, girl job, which meant no daytime blog time.  And, for some reason, people are more likely to read blogs during the day, something about spending time with their family in the evening or some other made up junk.  I mean would you rather know how your kids are doing in school and teach them valuable life lessons or read about the strange and nonsensical stuff that I write about here?  I think we all know what the correct answer is.

"Gerbera jamesonii 3" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, I don't know about you, but I was not digging the middle of the week holiday nonsense.  It made every day that was not a holiday feel like a Monday!  I think all day off holidays should stick to Thursday, Friday, and Monday.  Though, for some reason, weeks with Mondays as holidays feel like insanely long weeks, but I'm not giving up those Monday holidays, you hear me, I'm not!
"Gerbera jamesonii4" - McKinney, Texas
But back to New Years...My New Year's was crazy this year!  Be prepared to have your mind blown: I was supposed to get off work a bit early on New Year's Eve, which technically didn't happen.  I did finally leave the office around 4:30, but since I had skipped lunch I didn't really get off early.  My boss had tried to send me home earlier, but there were things that needed to be done before the end of the year, and about the 4th time I went into his office saying that I was actually leaving and not finding another little project that needed doing before I left, I think he was on the verge of drop kicking my happy butt out the door.  I headed home and...here's where the crazy starts...the dog and I spent the night on the couch watching TV, texting with friends, and messing around on my computer.  Yep, I officially turned into an 80 year old dog lady this year.  Dog lady just doesn't have the same ring as cat lady, does it?  Anyway, I did manage to stay up until midnight, but it was purely an accident resulting from a combination of the local fireworks riling Pepper into mini barking frenzies and me getting sucked into a game on my phone.  Yep, I lead an exciting life.
"Gerbera jamesonii5" - McKinney, Texas
New Year's Day I celebrated a belated Christmas with some family friends.  I brought Ree Drummand's black-eyed pea dip called Zannie's Black-Eyed Pea Dip.  The recipe only calls for 1 can of beans, but I thought that can't be enough, so I doubled the recipe and made enough black eyed pea dip for an army!  Luckily it was really good and we put a pretty good dent in it and the rest I brought to the office.  Black-eyed peas are supposed to bring you luck and good fortune when eaten on New Year's Day, so I made sure to eat more than my share.  Fingers crossed those magic beans work!

*"Gerbera jamesonii 3," "Gerbera jamesonii 4," and "Gerbera jamesonii 5" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.