Babies and Embarrassing Things

Today I'm going to distract you with pictures of some of the baby animals in my parents' neighborhood while I tell you about a couple of strange things I've seen recently and the stupid thing I did last week...Ok, one of the stupid things I did last week.  Don't laugh, we all know you did something stupid too, so there!

"Jack & Louie 1" - McKinney, Texas
Driving my friend Carrie home last weekend we passed a guy trying to dig up a brick mailbox that has to weigh several hundred pounds with a spade.  No, not the big ones that you push into the ground with your foot, but the small kind that you use to dig holes for flowers, maybe dig up a difficult weed, certainly not the choice for uprooting your ginormous mailbox!
"Calves 1" - McKinney, Texas
After driving past the mailbox digger, we passed a guy sitting on his front curb trimming his grass by hand.  Yep.  Bucket, sheers, gloves.  No lawn mower, even the push kind, weed eater, or hedge trimmer in sight.  Carrie lives in a peculiar neighborhood.
"Kid 1" - McKinney, Texas
Now genius me...I talk with my hands.  You might not know that since this is a blog and I don't include videos of me gesturing at points in these stories where I would normally gesture.  Partially because I gesture at most anything so this whole blog would then become a collection of videos with me flailing my arms around.
"Jack 1" - McKinney, Texas
Well, last week I was in talking to one of my friends at work and, as per usual, I was waving and pointing and counting and all of the other million things that I do with my hands while having a conversation.  At one point I, a little too enthusiastically, made the beckon gesture and hit myself in the chin.  I have NO idea how I did that because I usually know where my face is.  Not only did I hit myself in the chin, but I actually cut myself with my nail!  I told you it was stupid.
"Louie 1" - McKinney, Texas
My friend said that I needed to come up with a better story than I hit myself in the face and suggested that I tell people that my boss/father backhanded me.  Since he is always telling me to get back in my cage when he sees me in the hallway or kitchen I figure it's only fair to blame him.

*"Jack & Louie 1," "Calves 1," "Kid 1," "Jack 1," and "Louie 1" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

4 Responses to Babies and Embarrassing Things

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.