Road Rummer

Several weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Jacinda of Pretty Prudent.  Loving her!  (That last statement has to be read in that sing songy voice that I know you have all used at least once in your life.)

"Yard Art 1" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, I was telling her all about my friend Tracey's store, Diggin' It.  Tracey has a variety of things, including some fabulous yard art.
"Yard Art 2" - McKinney, Texas
Last year a few weeks before Mother's Day I stopped by to see what new things Tracey had and talk to her about the prints of mine that she sells.  As soon as I walked in the door Tracey perks up and says, "Hey girl, you know what your mom needs...a giant, metal road runner!"
"Yard Art 3" - McKinney, Texas
This road runner was 4 feet tall and 6 feet long, it was HUGE!!!
"Yard Art 4" - McKinney, Texas
My mother would have chocked and died if she had come home to that thing in her front yard!
"Yard Art 5" - McKinney, Texas
It was fantastic!  We decided that since my parents' house was not a realistic potential home for the majestic metal bird, that the next best thing was to take a picture of it and photoshop it into my parents' yard and send it to my mom when she was out of town some time.
"Yard Art 6" - McKinney, Texas
So, I'm telling Jacinda the story about the giant road runner, but instead of road runner I say road rummer.  Yep.  It was 9 in the morning and I don't normally drink rum, so I really have no idea where that came from, but I decided that I needed to come up with a drink called a Road Rummer, so here you go!
"Road Rummer" - McKinney, Texas
Road Rummer

Ingredients:
2 ounces of light rum
4 ounces of cherry juice*
4 ounces of tonic water
Juice from 1/4 of a lemon**

Combine the ingredients and serve over ice with a twist of lemon.

*If you have a more concentrated cherry juice then you can use 2-3 ounces.  I used a concentrated tart cherry juice.
**I also used a meyer lemon because they are a little bit sweeter to balance the tart cherry juice.
"Yard Art 7" - McKinney, Texas
I'm going to do a few photoshop tricks with the road runner for my next post this week.

*"Yard Art 1," "Yard Art 2," "Yard Art 3," "Yard Art 4," "Yard Art 5," "Yard Art 6," "Road Rummer," and "Yard Art 7" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.