Treasures In Prison Country

So I've told you that Janice tried to kill me the other weekend, well really just Saturday, the 15th, but I hadn't told you about the treasure hunt that we went on on Sunday!  Every year Huntsville, which is home to a HUGE prison, oddly located right next to a Home Depot (does that seem a bit counter intuitive to anyone else?), hosts a Antique and Re-purpose show and Janice and I went this year.

"Keep Calm 1" - McKinney, Texas
There was a lady, Janet Waldrop of Skip 2 My Lou, selling this beautiful jewelry made from all sorts of antique and vintage odds and ends, i.e. a boot buckler, spoon handles, actual jewelry pieces, and anything else that caught her fancy.  I fell in love with this necklace!
"Keep Calm 2" - McKinney, Texas
This piece is called "Keep Calm" and it is composed of a 1930's bird brooch, Victorian watch chain, and a vintage English feather pin.  Janet writes something about each piece and here's what she wrote about mine: "Don't lose your feathers or ruffle them either...it's best to take flight to get a better perspective on things..."
"Keep Calm 3" - McKinney, Texas
The English feather pin is what sealed it for me.  Look at those colors!
"Coin Collection 1" - McKinney, Texas
And then my genetically predisposed nerd came out and I had to stop at a booth with old coins.  I blame my father.  He says that he was popular when he was younger, but he collected coins, stamps, and played the accordion!  I've seen pictures of him in high school and I think he was REALLY lucky that he was so cute!
"Coin Collection 2" - McKinney, Texas
I found some late 19th century Indian head pennies and liberty nickels and a 1920s buffalo nickel.  I really don't know what their value is, but it was fun digging through the old coins to see what I could find.

*"Coin Collection 1" and "Coin Collection 2" are for sale.  I will need to get the ok from Janet before I offer the "Keep Calm" photos for sale as the necklace is her artwork.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.