It's Spring...Sort Of

The plants in McKinney have finally decided that it's "spring!"  Well, sort of.  Spring is in quotes because, I don't know about you but, 80 plus degrees does not really scream spring to me, and sort of because this is probably the 3rd time this year that the plants have tried to start blooming and the INSANE weather keeps throwing us curve balls.

"Narcissus Double 1" - McKinney, Texas
While it was a bit chilly this morning, I, and the plants, seem to think that we are thoroughly past all of the random freezes.  (Now I have jinxed us all and we're going to have a flash freeze tonight.  I apologize in advance and please direct all hate mail to Justin Bieber.  He's pretty high on most everyone's sh*t list these days so a few extra letters about a random freeze in Texas are probably not going to make any difference other than to confuse whoever it is that goes through his mail.)
"Phlox 1" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, I'm hoping to get out this weekend and take some photos of the flowers around the neighborhood before the oppressive heat sets in this summer and wilts all the pretty.  I do still have some chaos to reign in at my house.  Residue from the painting and the garage sale.  Oh my!  I forgot to tell you all I had a garage sale!!!  Painful, painful experience that I will never do again...at least until I have forgotten how much "fun" this one was.
"Tulipa 'Annie Schilder' 1" - McKinney, Texas
So this weekend I will be working on the chaos, tackling my yard because it's looking quite bedraggled and I'm embarrassed as a landscape designer that I've let things get so out of control, I may get to go to the Special Olympics for a bit with a friend to cheer on her niece, take pictures of the neighborhood flowers, work on getting my portfolio redone so that I can get out of the legal field and back into a more creative field, and at some point I'm hoping to have time to sleep, eat, do laundry, and maybe relax a little...I think I'm in trouble.

*"Narcissus Double 1," "Phlox 1," and "Tulipa 'Annie Schilder 1" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print. 

Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.