The Garden Show and So Many Clever People

For the past several years the Collin County Master Gardeners have put on a garden show, ingeniously called The Garden Show.

"The Stalk Market at the Garden Show 1" - McKinney, Texas
The name aside there are a number of creative people who have booths at this event and this year was no exception.
"The Stalk Market at the Garden Show 2" - McKinney, Texas
Many of the beautiful gerbera daisy photographs that I have shared with you in the past (Happy Belated New Year and Reds and Pinks for Valentine's Day) were from past garden shows, specifically the family owned and run Crumps Nursery booth.  Sadly Crumps has closed, but the Crumps daughter, Lindsey, has opened her own flower shop in downtown McKinney called The Stalk Market!  Don't you just love that name!?!
"The Stalk Market at the Garden Show" - McKinney, Texas
Lindsey was incredibly sweet and had a ton of beautiful flowers.  I can't wait to stop by her shop!
"Diggin' It at the Garden Show" - McKinney, Texas
Of course, my friend Tracey and her awesome shop Diggin' It were in attendance.
"Diggin' It at the Garden Show" - McKinney, Texas
There were originally two of the adorable dachshund dog cut outs, but one of the volunteers came by as soon as the show opened and bought one because she was worried that if she waited they would both be gone and she HAD to have her dachshund!
"Chambersville Tree Farm at the Garden Show" - McKinney, Texas
When I was taking the picture above the gentleman from Chambersville Tree Farm came over and said, "You see we have another one of those trees over there?"  I said yes and that they were beautiful.  He said, "Well, we've got two because they're pear trees."  And then he just grinned at me and I had to laugh.  What a funny guy!
"Leaf Expressions at the Garden Show 1" - McKinney, Texas
I was crazy about the beautiful pieces that John Hunt of Leaf Expressions had in his booth.
"Leaf Expressions at the Garden Show 2" - McKinney, Texas
He made stunning art with dried leaves and plants.  He is still working on his website, but hopefully it will be up in the next few months and you will get to see more of his work.
"Carrie Bee" - McKinney, Texas
And I saved the best for last!  It's my friend Carrie!  For some reason she has faith that I will not use this and the various other pictures I have of her with her head through the numerous cutouts at the show to embarrass her.  Guess I proved that that faith was misplaced!  Actually I think this picture is adorable and I SO could have used the one where she is sticking her tongue out at me.  See, I'm a good friend...sort of...sometimes...maybe...

*"The Stalk Market at the Garden Show 1," "The Stalk Market at the Garden Show 2," "The Stalk Market at the Garden Show 3," and "Chambersville Tree Farm at the Garden Show" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print. 

Posted in , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.