Moms

If you have been following this blog at all you shouldn't be surprised that I'm just getting to talking about Mother's Day.  I did post a Happy Mother's Day photo of Mama Kitty from Diggin' It though... And on Mother's Day, so yea me!

"Diggin' It 1" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, I got to spend part of the Saturday before Mother's Day at Diggin' It and The Stalk Market.
"Diggin' It 2" - McKinney, Texas
As always, the plants were spectacular at Diggin' It and I got my mom various things, including two varieties of mint for Mother's Day.  (I'll tell you about why the puppies gave mom mint next week.)
"The Stalk Market 1" - McKinney, Texas
After spending midday with Tracey I headed over to The Stalk Market to see how they were faring through the crazy holiday weekend.  I hadn't been in the shop before and it is adorable!
"The Stalk Market 2" - McKinney, Texas
Lindsey, being the industrious and well organized business owner that she is, had stayed at the shop late the night before to finish all of the orders that they had already received, so Saturday she just had to worry about new orders and walk-ins.
"The Stalk Market 3" - McKinney, Texas
Honestly I was kind of hoping for flowers flying, people running around, craziness because how fun would it have been to photograph that, right?!?  But I am glad for Lindsey and her family's sake that it wasn't crazy town and they actually got to leave pretty much on time.
"The Stalk Market 4" - McKinney, Texas
Lindsey's boyfriend, parents, and one set of grandparents were there helping her out and just between you and me, I want to steal her grandparents!  Her whole family was so sweet and didn't seem to mind random me wandering around taking photos.  They told me about some of the pieces of furniture in the shop which originally belonged to her grandparents.  Her flower station, in particular, had been in her grandmother's flower shop.
"Huevos Racheros" - McKinney, Texas
Our Mother's Day was pretty low key.  Dad and I made my mom's favorite breakfast, Cooking Illustrated's Huevos Racheros and we all went to a movie.  I always thought that I would have a kids and a family at this point in my life and part of me is a little sad that I don't.  I'm not writing it off completely, but in the meantime, look at what I get to come home to everyday. 
"Pepper 5" - McKinney, Texas
Isn't she a beaut!

*"Diggin' It 1," "Diggin' It 2," "The Stalk Market 1," "The Stalk Market 2," "The Stalk Market 3," and "The Stalk Market 4" are for sale through Diggin' It, me, and now various images can be purchased through Fine Art America.

Posted in , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.