So Many Projects...

I thought that I would share a few of the MANY half finished project that I'm planning on doing and reporting to you all about.

"Chair During 3" - McKinney, Texas
Needless to say I plan on finishing this chair.  While there is a part of me that likes the way it looks unfinished, it is not at all functional and I already have the fabric so I just have to finish it.  Not pictured is the sewing box that I dissembled almost a year ago!  That project I actually would have finished by now, but the sad little pieces of wood that made up the lid decided to give up on me and I had to find an alternative.

"Globe Before 1" - McKinney, Texas
I also have a fantastic somewhat faded globe that I'm going to make more interesting.  I have seen globes with buttons, butterflies, and various other things making up the land.  I am thinking that I will decoupage flowers, antique botanical prints specifically, over the land.  The butterflies were really cute though...
"Terrariums Before 1" - McKinney, Texas
There are two projects associated with my terrariums.  The first is just redoing my terrariums.  My friend gave me some lovely violets for my birthday and I'm going to see how they do.  The second project involves building a plant/seating bench for my studio.  My studio gets fantastic light and I think that the plants will love it, but I need something for them to sit on, so build a bench.  Makes sense right?  Because buying would be too easy.
"Birdcage Before 1" - McKinney, Texas
Lastly, for today because this is FAR from the last project in my house, I have a beautiful, old, wooden birdcage that I bought from Janice with the intention of turning it into a lamp of some sort.  Well, as fate would have it, I was selling some things for friends at my garage sale and they had this adorable frog lamp.  Sold!  I know frogs don't go in birdcages, but how cute is this going to be?  I'm going to paint and distress the cage, make up a branch wreath to look like a nest in the bottom of the cage, and get a big, interesting bulb for the lamp.

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.