Spring Cleaning My Brain

Happy belated May Day and happy early Cinco De Mayo!!!

"Iris germanica 9" - McKinney, Texas
As evidenced by my last post on the Special Olympics, I did actually get some of my long list of fun weekend chores and goals done.  (Needless to say the Special Olympics was not on the chore list and was actually fun and not the sarcastic, absolutely not my idea of fun, do I have to, pouty, throw a three year old style tantrum fun associated with the cleaning, yard work, and other such things from my to do list.)  But all of the not fun cleaning and organizing has really shown me how many half finished projects I have.  That revelation, that really is not such a revelation because I am keenly aware of the unstained, unupholstered chair in my living room, the sewing box that is still in pieces, the random bike tire rim, and all of the other great ideas/half finished projects/"I could do something cool with this, what I'm not sure, but I definitely need this" things that I have scattered around my house which have never actually been realized, I am just EXTREMELY skilled at ignoring them...I digress.  The not finishing projects revelation, combined with my newest blog obsession, The Little Yellow Couch, has got me all fired up to work through these projects!  Are you guys going to hold me accountable?  I'm imagining a huge crowd that all yelled yes in unison.  Huge crowd...I apparently have a SUPER inflated sense of self, sorry...but you love me anyway, right? right?  RIGHT! or maybe I'm just needy.  Can't say that either sounds good, so let's just pretend that I stopped typing after, "Are you guys going to hold me accountable?"
"Salvia farinacea 1" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, The Little Yellow Couch is a blog by these two very clever ladies who also have an Etsy shop and each month they pick a theme and throw a party based on that theme.  All month long they do posts about the invitations, projects, decorations, and all the other adorable prep that they do for these parties.  They create instructions on how to recreate their projects for yourself and they also sell the projects that they have created in their store.  (Needless to say I am already working on a way to infiltrate their next party.)  For about two seconds I thought it would be fun to try and do the same thing myself, but 1. I don't think that I can manage to put together and throw a different party each month by myself (at least not without going completely insane) and 2. I know that I can't afford to put together and throw a party each month by myself (I have a tendency to go over the top and I definitely do not have the monthly budget for over the top).  But what an ingenious way to force yourself to do some of the half formed, unfinished fantastic projects that you have floating around your house and head.  So I decided that I am going to try and do at least one project a month and I'm going to see if I can entice/cajole/blackmail some of my numerous creative friends to join me.  We'll see how it goes.
"Iris germanica 10" - McKinney, Texas
Have a great weekend!

*"Iris germanica 9," "Phlox 1," and "Iris germanica 10" are for sale.  Please visit Diggin' It or contact me for information on how to purchase a print.

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.