4th of July on the 10th

I made it to downtown McKinney for the parade again this year and had a great time.

"4th of July 2014 1" - McKinney, Texas
I remember the rush to finish floats and costumes for a parade, so I loved seeing all of the last minute preparation.
"4th of July 2014 2" - McKinney, Texas
The firemen of the local downtown station started off the parade.
"4th of July 2014 3" - McKinney, Texas
Fantastic looking ROTC this year.
"4th of July 2014 4" - McKinney, Texas
And, of course, the antique cars were out in force.
"4th of July 2014 5" - McKinney, Texas
There were boy scouts...
"4th of July 2014 6" - McKinney, Texas
And Indian princesses and Indian guides.  Several dads had full makeup and headdresses, those are some good dads!  My dad would have totally done that if my Indian princess troop had been in a parade.
"4th of July 2014 7" - McKinney, Texas
More beautiful old cars...
"4th of July 2014 8" - McKinney, Texas
There was a flag goat!
"4th of July 2014 9" - McKinney, Texas
And the horses....
"4th of July 2014 10" - McKinney, Texas
Oh, the horses!
"4th of July 2014 11" - McKinney, Texas
The corvette club showed up with 7 or 8 vettes!  Loving it!
"4th of July 2014 12" - McKinney, Texas
And even more amazing antique automobiles!
"4th of July 2014 13" - McKinney, Texas
And last, but certainly not least, the National Hotdog and Ice Cream month celebratory meal!!!
"4th of July 2014 14" - McKinney, Texas
If you hadn't guess, I photoshoped the ice cream in.  It's not a great photoshop job, sorry, but I think my 4th of July chef would have been upset if I put a big glob of ice cream on the beautiful hotdog he fixed me.  Plus I pretty sure it's not mandatory to celebrate National Hotdog month and Ice Cream month at the exact same time in the exact same bite.  Unless you like ice cream on your hotdog or hotdog in your ice cream, then I say go for it and send me a photo!  But I think I'll skip dinner at your house.

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.