Monthly Projects, Installment 1

I am very disappointed in you guys.  Way back in May I did two posts, Spring Cleaning My Brain and So Many Projects..., on how MANY projects I have to do and how I wanted you guys to hold me accountable and, well, you've let me down.  I mean, no one has been banging on my door asking if I finished anything, sending me e-mail reminders, nothing.  Seriously people, what are you thinking?  That I'm an adult and should be responsible for myself...Well, I actually have been!  (I know, I'm as surprised as you!)  I've actually got 3 projects that I've done since that post that I'll be sharing with you over the next several posts.  Today's is going to be how I framed the painting my friend Carrie made for me for my birthday.  I apologize there is no before, I really thought I took one, but I know you guys can use your imaginations.

"Painting Framed 1" - McKinney, Texas
Carrie is in an art class where they recreate master paintings.  Sadly I do not know what original master painting this was based on, but if you know, please tell me.  When Carrie gave me the painting it was a canvas with raw edges, so I framed the whole thing out with black ribbon.  I used a glue gun to glue it down because I figured that that would be simple enough to remove if I ever decided that I wanted to do a different type of framing.  To add a little extra shazam, I added the hanging ribbon and bow.  The painting is actually supported by two nails behind the canvas' wooden framing and the bow is just for decoration, but I really like how it turned out.  Didn't Carrie do a fantastic job on this painting?!?  I love it!
"Painting Framed 2" - McKinney, Texas
My next project post is going to be on how I turned 5 necklaces into 7!  I'm working on coming up with a fun name for these project posts, but I'm at a bit of a loss at this point.  Everything I come up with is cheesy, and not in the good, gooey way, or boring.  It needs to be a fun and clever name.  I'll get back to you on that, but if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.  In the meantime, have a great week and here's hoping that you finish one of your projects and make something beautiful yourself.

Posted in , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.