Monthly Projects, Installment 2

I promised you necklaces, so here we go...I am totally digging the statement necklace trend.  Big, bright statement pieces, I am in!  So when a department store near me had a "everything in the store is on sale" sale I spent an inordinate amount of time wandering through their jewelry section picking up various statement necklaces.  Personally, I like the necklaces with a variety of colored resin stones, but none of those were really on sale sale, they were just on sale.  Ladies, you know what I'm talking about.  But I did find several monochromatic necklaces in the clearance section and I knew that I could reconfigure them and get that multicolored look I like for less.  So I bought 5 amazing necklaces...which I promptly took apart.

"Necklaces Before" - McKinney, Texas
Most of the necklaces were set in gold colored metal.  I am not really a gold person, so I thought I would try changing the metal color.  It was unsuccessful.  I didn't want to silver leaf or spray paint everything because it would have been a nightmare to try and tape off all of the stones, plus the likelihood that I would screw up was just WAY too high.  I found a silver sharpie that was supposed to work on any material, including metal.  Well, it did indeed work on metal, but the silver color was quite dull and looked like a messy paint job, so I decided that it was better to worked with the metal that was there and came up with these 7 mixed metal necklaces.
"Necklaces After 1" - McKinney, Texas
Right now they are all finished with ribbon, but a few are weightier than others, so they will be getting a different finish, probably a nice thick satin rope cord.
"Necklaces After 2" - McKinney, Texas
I'm also thinking that I might add back in some of the chain from the various necklaces, in addition to the ribbon and cord, for some extra panache.
"Necklaces After 3" - McKinney, Texas
I'll shoot some more photos once I get all of the finishes just right.
"Necklaces After 4" - McKinney, Texas
Thank you to my fabulous models who let me impose on them in the middle of our 4th of July festivities.
"Necklaces After 5" - McKinney, Texas
I think I will end up keeping 1 or 2, but I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with the rest.
"Necklaces After 6" - McKinney, Texas
If you're interested in any of them drop me a line and we'll see if we can't work something out.
"Necklaces After 7" - McKinney, Texas
Have you made your own fantastic piece of jewelry?  Please share your stories and photos!

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.