A Gassy Good Morning

Who knew an early morning trip to the gas station could make your day.

"Ipomoea purpurea 1" - McKinney, Texas
The other morning I pulled in to get gas because that bossy yellow light on the fuel gauge came on and the car started making gasping noises, al la old cartoons where the car barley crawls to it's destination before collapsing.  Getting gas isn't a horrid experience, but there are much more exciting things I'd rather be doing in the morning.
"Hemerocallis 5" - McKinney, Texas
So I get out of the car, do the whole credit card, type in 5 different codes and do the secret handshake thing, and get the tank about half full when I hear a car door open and loud music fills the station.  I turn around and this adorable, frat boy, model man is hoping out of a van singing Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" at the top of his lungs!  He was SO into it!  I couldn't help it...I laughed...out loud...and he heard me.  Eek!  He didn't have a bad voice, it wasn't like Pavarotti or anything, but he seemed to be getting close to the right notes.  Luckily he just laughed and said he couldn't help it, he loved that song.  I smiled and nodded because it's totally been stuck in my head too for like three weeks and I'm loving it.
"Rudbeckia hirta 2" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, thank you adorable, frat boy, model man for totally making the end of what was a stressful, LONG (wasn't getting home until well after dark), yucky week oh SO much better!

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.