A New York Times Best Seller in McKinney

I had intended to do the post below, about the book signing, yesterday, however a time consuming client project meant that Beth got no lunch yesterday, so no post.  Posting about Deborah Crombie's book signing today, does however, give me a bit of extra time with my lamps, which I think I will save till next week.  Maybe I will actually have all three finished!  I have had some setbacks, which I will also share, and I'd love to have three out of three lamps done rather than the, let's go with, 1.75 out of three that I have now.

"Crombie signing 1" - McKinney, Texas
On to the book signing at Diggin' It...
"Crombie signing 2" - McKinney, Texas
I must confess only a passing familiar with the author prior to the signing, but Deborah Crombie was quite funny and charming.  And I do love my British mysteries.  Deborah Crombie's latest novel is called To Dwell in Darkness and it is now available throughout the US and as an ebook in the UK.  You can check out her book tour on her website.
"Crombie signing 3" - McKinney, Texas
Tracey had a wonderful spread set up with wine, cheeses, sausage, and crackers.  Yes, please.  Diggin' It looked beautiful with its new fall items.
"Crombie book signing 4" - McKinney, Texas
And the Half Price Books store in McKinney provided the books.  (Another confession: I have a minor MAJOR addiction to books and Half Price Books is the best enabler!  When they do their big everything is on sale sales, I am in every time!)
"Crombie signing 5" - McKinney, Texas
Deborah, I hope she doesn't mind me calling her Deborah, but Deborah told us about being raised in Richardson, Texas and her long standing love of everything British.  Her uncle was a writer, but her family had always told her that being an author was a horrible way to make a living so she went to Austin College and got a degree in biology.  She did take one creative writing course after graduate but said that the instructor was so vicious with his criticisms that she was devastated and refused to write for a long time.
"Crombie signing 6" - McKinney, Texas
Deborah met her first husband, a Scotsman, in Dallas of all places and a very short courtship later put everything she owned in storage and went to live with him in the UK. Between touring the UK, starting a family, visits and a move back to the US, and starting a master's degree, Deborah decided that it was time to try her hand at writing again and took another creative writing course. This one was several weeks long and after many bloodied submissions and revisions of the first chapter of her first book she final had a chapter that was ready for publication.  She said that all if the pieces fell into place and 16 books later McKinney has it's own new York Times best selling author!
"Crombie signing 7" - McKinney, Texas
All 16 books are about Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James, two London detectives.  Judging by the enthusiasm of her loyal readers at the signing (one lady has signed copies of all of Deborah's books, had preordered the latest novel from Amazon, got it on Tuesday or Wednesday and was almost finished with it at the book signing on Saturday, plus she had gone to Deborah's book signing in Dallas a few days earlier! now that's dedication!) this is a great series.  I'm excited to actually start from the beginning and read my way through.  If there is a signing near you, even if you are not currently a fan, but love mysteries, especially British mysteries, I recommend going, she truly is delightful.
"Crombie signing 8" - McKinney, Texas
Added bonus, I made a new friend named Honey!  One of the best names ever!

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.