Masks, Masks, and More Masks

Well, really it's just three more masks today, but there's glitter!

Mask 2 and 3 Before 1" - McKinney, Texas
I had a similar process to Mask 1, from It's Halloween Time: Start out with a plain mask from your craft store.  This time around Mask 2 was satin and Mask 3 was the same basic plastic mask used in Mask 1.
"Mask 2 During Mask 3 Before 1" - McKinney, Texas
I covered each mask in a thin layer of regular, old school glue and then tons of glitter!
"Mask 3 During 1" - McKinney, Texas
Mask 3 ended up with a combination of turquoise and "onyx," but really looks like navy, glitter.  I covered smaller sections in glue and then alternated the glitter colors.  I made sure to keep the edges of my glue area uneven so that I didn't end up with straight lines anywhere.
"Mask 2 Finished 1" - Hilltop Lakes, Texas
Then for the fun part!  I bought a bag of multicolored feathers, and after testing out a few different layouts, glued the red, purple, mauve, and white ones to Mask 2.  I originally intended to go with a symmetrical pattern, but the feathers didn't have the impact that I wanted.  If I went with a asymmetrical pattern with the bulk of the feathers on one side then they made much more of a statement.  Janice let me look through her bauble collection and I found what used to be a clip on earring and is now the centerpiece of my mask!
"Mask 3 Finished 1" - Hilltop Lakes, Texas
With Mask 3, I had this odd Halloween floral bouquet enhancer that I had gotten several years ago with the intention of turning it into a fascinator to go with Mask 1.  Janice and I decided that it would make a great plume on the side of Mask 3.  Then I just needed another bauble to pull it all together.  I found another amazing clip on earring and viola!
"Mask 4 Finished 1" - Hilltop Lakes, Texas
I cannot take credit for the majority of Mask 4.  This was a mask that I found at Micheal's after Halloween last year or the year before, but it had been rather abused during the season and the sad green feathers that were on either side looked like they had been through the ringer.  I pulled off the sad feathers, made some other minor repairs necessary due to rough treatment at the store, and finished Mask 4 off with a new set of bright turquoise, green, chartreuse, and yellow feathers.
"Masks Finished 1" - Hilltop Lakes, Texas
Have you made anything fun for Halloween this year?

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.