September's Clever Creation .75 - The Lamp Saga Continues

I did not get all of my lamps finished.  You can't see my face, but I'm pouting.  So we are at two out of three.

"Lamp 1 Finished 1" - McKinney, Texas
Lamp 1 got spray painted with a flat black and ended up taking one more plus a little, thank you Janice for suggesting that I get two, of the burlap ribbons.  Overall it was quite an easy transformation and I think it looks great on the front porch.
"Lamp 1 During 1" - McKinney, Texas
I do feel like it might need a slightly taller table, but that's a problem for another day.
"Lamps 2 & 3 During 1" - McKinney, Texas
Lamp 2 was a bit more problematic.
"Lamp 2 During 2" - McKinney, Texas
Remember how pleased I was that I was able to color the yucky linen black?  Well, either the sharpie bled through (my best guess), or my fabric glue is wonky, or something else entirely, but whatever the case may be, I ended up with serious bleed through when I started attaching ribbons to the lampshade.  Not a good look.
"Lamp 2 During 3" - McKinney, Texas
So I ripped everything off and started over again with just ribbons.  I was thinking that I would try a random pattern.  That would be fun, right?  Different sized ribbons, wrapped with different angles, where was it going to go next?  But it just ended up looking like a drunk five year old got a hold of it.  Also, not a good look, so I started all over again and came up with this...
"Lamp 2 Finished 1" - McKinney, Texas
I put black ribbons over the "ribs" of the shade and then alternated wrapping one inch and 1/4 inch ribbons in turquoise and yellow in different directions around the shade, and ended up with this great harlequinesc pattern.  I think it turned out pretty fun and you can see even more of the different layers of ribbons when lit.
"Lamp 2 Finished 2" - McKinney, Texas
Now I just need to finish my last lamp, but it is giving me some real problems.  I have tried a few different types of glue and whatever the base is made out of does not want to be covered in foil.  I think I'm going to resort to spray paint.  Take that Lamp 3!  I let you know how it goes.  Oh, and I found another lamp in my studio in need of a redo, hmm...I may have a lamp problem.

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.