Some Glittery Noggins for October's Clever Creation

Well, one of  this month's clever creations anyway.  We've had two others so far this month: It's Halloween Time! and Masks, Masks, and More Masks.  And, fingers crossed, we'll have yet another tomorrow with my photo booth props.

"Skulls Finished 1" - McKinney, Texas
Surprise, surprise, I got ahead of myself with this project and did not get a before picture, sorry.  The skulls are basic foam skulls that I got in a pack of 10 for $1 at Target.  Love Target!  Their dollar area is SUPER dangerous!
"Skulls During 1" - McKinney, Texas
So, on one of my thousand trips a month to the store where I HAVE to wander through the dollar section or I got into didn'tbuycheapgoodiesphylactic shock where I'm in this haze and I buy the first thing that I see.  That's how I ended up with three tubes of toothpaste.  I only have one set of teeth!  It's a tragic disease.
"Skulls Finished 2" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, I got my fun little skulls home and decided that I would cover them in sparkly Day of the Dead style patterns because glitter! yes, please!
"Skulls Finished 3" - McKinney, Texas
I really did not have much of a plan and just started creating some basic patterns in regularly old school glue on each skull, which primarily consisted of flowers, stars, lines, some rather poorly executed swirls, and lots of dots.
"Skulls Finished 4" - McKinney, Texas
I tried to do one color of glitter at a time and allowed for about 24 hours of dry time between each.  You definitely don't have to leave that much dry time, but because I was working on these at night and my boss doesn't generally like glitter all over his legal documents, 24 hours was how it worked out for me.
"Skulls Finished 5" - McKinney, Texas
Allowing each color to dry completely meant that I had very little glitter cross contamination.  If you're not that concerned about that, and you have more than one hour at a time to devote to it, then you could easily get all of the skulls done in a single day.
"Skulls Finished 6" - McKinney, Texas
Some of the skulls did not turn out exactly the way that I had hope, mostly the ones where I tried to do swirls.  Why did I try to do swirls?  I was just not in swirl gluing good form.  All the skulls, even the didn't turn out how I wanted skulls, are fun and it was a relaxing project to do at the end of the day.  Plus I was consistently going to bed covered in glitter, so yea!

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.