It's My Studio

I apologize for the delay in posting this post, but I was invited to a press tour of the Dallas Arboretum's 12 Days of Christmas!  The tour started at 5 p.m., so I skipped lunch in order to leave work early.  No lunch, no blog, but I have a ton of photos and information to share with you next week.  Don't worry, the Arboretum's newest holiday spectacular does not open until the 16th, so I'll get you photos and information in plenty of time.

"My Studio 1" - McKinney, Texas
An event you might want to check out this weekend is the MAST (McKinney Artist Studio Tour).  I'll have photographs and stories to tell you from that next week as well, plus keep an eye out for the first of my monthly interviews with my very creative friends.  And now a little pre MAST studio visit to my studio...
"My Studio 2" - McKinney, Texas
My studio is still a work in progress, but I thought I'd share with you guys because I am so proud that you can actually see pretty much the entire floor and I can find things...mostly.
"My Studio 3" - McKinney, Texas
I have my painting and drawing corner with my various paint sets, markers, pencils, box of crayons (because I am SUCH a grownup), etc..  My not yet reassembled sewing box ended up on this shelf too because I haven't quite figured out where my sewing things are going to go.  There's a pile of fabric and stuffing, along with several shirts and things that need mending, hidden away in the closet of my studio, all of which needs a new home.
"My Studio 4" - McKinney, Texas
The little table below is one that my dad made for me when I was a kid, how fun is that?!?
"My Studio 5" - McKinney, Texas
I ate breakfast at this table every morning until I was too big for it and now it works great as a hiding place for my router and other necessary, but rather unattractive techie things.  Plus I just love it!
"My Studio 6" - McKinney, Texas
This is my giant shelf of fun!  I know it looks really crowded, but everything has it's place now. 
"My Studio 7" - McKinney, Texas

Yes, that is one of the first personal computers ever created that you are seeing, pretty sure it was created in the 1800s.  Actually this is one of the first computers that my father bought and, even though he hasn't used the thing in 25 years and it weights 8 million pounds, it has moved from office to office with him (6 different offices) until this last move when he finally decided it was time to let it go...and it made the rather short trip to my house.  Originally we were going to see if any techies wanted to buy it, but now I'm thinking that I might disassemble it and make something out of the housing and the inside bits.  We'll see.
"My Studio 8" - McKinney, Texas
Most things on my shelf of things, like the amazing animal cracker tin that Janice gave me to match my lamp, thank you Janice!, need labels...or at least correct labels instead of the "small binder clip" label that is currently on a drawer full of bells.  Yep, not even close.
"My Studio 9" - McKinney, Texas
Look, there is even space now for my chair!  And see, it's gotten stained, now I just have to cover it, add trim, fix the feet, sew on buttons for the tufted back...yep, it'll get done...eventually.
"My Studio 10" - McKinney, Texas
But the most important part of my studio is the rug for my big, giant, always in the way, really not very helpful, but so cute helper, Pepper.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

4 Responses to It's My Studio

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.