MAST Tour 2014 Part 1

I was originally planning on doing a single post for MAST, but I'm going to spread it out into two posts.  I think it would be overwhelming in one post, and I didn't even get to see all of the artists, and I want to make sure that you guys get to see and appreciate each artist.

"MAST 2014 Anne Royer 1" - McKinney, Texas
So I have to tell you that I didn't make it to all of the artists on the tour, bummer.  Partially because I got a later start than I intended, but mostly because I talk too much and I don't think that I got out of a studio in less than 30 minutes.  So...
"MAST 2014 Anne Royer 2" - McKinney, Texas
This first artist is Anne Royer and she does paintings in oils.  The first painting is six feet tall and part of a series of four.  Fantastic pieces.  I got photos of two of the other pieces and I will probably share those with you all another time.
"MAST 2014 Anne Royer 3" - McKinney, Texas
"MAST 2014 Anne Royer 4" - McKinney, Texas
 Anne has done many pieces depicting instruments.
"MAST 2014 Anne Royer 5" - McKinney, Texas
And I had to include a picture of Anne's beautiful cat, Princess, which I kept threatening to steal.
"MAST 2014 David Hobson 1" - McKinney, Texas
Our next artists is David Hobson.
"MAST 2014 David Hobson 2" - McKinney, Texas
David is a stunning portrait artist.  He works in oils, pastels, and pencil.
"MAST 2014  David Hobson 3" - McKinney, Texas
He also has a couple of cats who were doing their best to join the tour.
"MAST 2014 Renee Wrenwood 1" - McKinney, Texas
Now let's meet Renee Wrenwood.
"MAST 2014 Renee Wrenwood 2" - McKinney, Texas
Renee focuses mostly on watercolor, but also some oil and a bit of acrylic.
"MAST 2014 Renee Wrenwood 3" - McKinney, Texas
She is also a special education teacher and one of her paintings, as well as several from other artists on the tour, is in the annual McKinney calendar for 2015.
"MAST 2014 Cate Robbins 1" - McKinney, Texas
Our last artist for today is Cate Robbins.
"MAST 2014 Cate Robbins 2" - McKinney, Texas
Now Cate uses watercolor, oil, acrylics, pencil, as well as collage, and a combination of mediums to create her works of art. I loved her rooster made from torn up magazine pages.
"MAST 2014 Cate Robbins 3" - McKinney, Texas
If you are looking for an art teacher, Cate, as well as David, both teach.
"MAST 2014 Diggin' It 1" - McKinney, Texas
Now let's make a quick stop, though my stop was far from quick, more like the whole day, at Diggin' It.
"MAST 2014 Diggin' It 2" - McKinney, Texas
Diggin' it was one of the galleries on the tour, and of course I made a stop. Tracey had rearranged her always fun store and gotten out some goodies for Christmas.
"MAST 2014 Diggin' It 3" - McKinney, Texas
You'll get to see more of Diggin' It in my interview with Tracey as the first installation as my monthly meeting with my creative friends.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.