Paper Art Art Challenge

I have decided to issue a challenge to myself this year - an art challenge!

"Paper Cutouts 1" - McKinney, Texas
I enjoyed creating the Troupe Over The Hill logo and decided that I would challenge myself to create at least one new piece each week for the rest of the year.
"Paper Cutout Hills 1" - McKinney, Texas
The parameters are: 1. Each piece will be a roughly 1.5 inch circle.  2. While writing tools can be used, the primary image must be created by cutting up and layering paper.  3. Glitter is not required, but always welcome.  4. That's it!  Time to create!
"Paper Cutout Winterberry" - McKinney, Texas
Originally I said I was going to create a landscape series, but I decided that I wanted to be able to create anything.  The plan is to end up with 52 pieces by the end of the year, which means that I will have a few weeks where I produce more than one piece.  Some weeks I will create multiple versions of the same image, but those will only count as one piece.  For example, I ended up redoing the original Troupe piece because the cuts were rather rough looking in person and while doing so decided that I would also create it's counter pieces with the leftover scraps.
"Paper Cutout Hills 2" - McKinney, Texas
Please let me know if you are interested in joining me on this art challenge.  All you need is a variety of paper, a large circle punch (or template), scissors, and glue.  One piece a week will help keep those creative juices flowing without making you crazy, plus it's a great thing to do while binge watching TV.  Let me know what you think of the weekly pieces and please share photos of your creations!
"Paper Cutout Hills 3" - McKinney, Texas
Challenge Accepted!!!
"Paper Cutout Hills 4" - McKinney, Texas

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.