Troupe Logos

On Monday I mentioned that I was creating a few logos for the theatre company that Janice is a part of on the strange little planet of Hilltop Lakes.  Well, Janice was asked to be on the board for the local theatre group called Troupe Over The Hill.  I love that this community of mostly retired individuals is secure enough to have such a tongue in cheek name!

"Troupe Over the Hill 1 paper cutout" - McKinney, Texas
Anyway, Janice asked if I would help and I was happy to.  The board provided some direction, which included several requests that Texas be included, and yes, let's have a picture of the state of Texas, it has to say that we're in Texas.  These are some proud Texans.  I came up with two designs.  The first is the one that popped into my head shortly after Janice asked if I would help.  The design of the centerpiece must have subconsciously come from my love for the YMCA of the Rockies and their old logo.
"Troupe Over the Hill 1" - McKinney, Texas
I created the centerpiece by cutting up several pieces of scrapbook paper.  The whole thing is roughly 1.5 inches across and I'm thinking that I'm going to have to create a whole series of different miniature, paper cut, landscape circles.
"Troupe Over the Hill 2" - McKinney, Texas
I also created a Texas centered logo design.  I'm thinking that I need to change the font on both as Troupe Over The Hill is more difficult to read than I would like.  I really like the font and it looks great when the logos are large, but when they are shrunk down the words get a little blurry.  I'll keep you guys posted on the changes and in the meantime, please let me know what you think!  Which do you vote for: Logo #1 or Logo #2 or a combination of the two?  Please keep in mind that neither is completely finalized and both still require some tweaking with the coloring and resolution, not to mention the previously mentioned question on the font.

Posted in , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.