Paper Art Kremlin

So I biffed it yesterday...well, actually more like all of this week.  I was so excited to participate in Mark Montano's artist trading card swap and I failed!  I had it in my head that I had until next week to get the cards done and in the mail, but they are due tomorrow! in California! and mine are still in bits...I am so disappointed in myself!

"Paper Cutout Kremlin" - McKinney, Texas
I did manage to create a piece of paper art for this week inspired by my trip to see the Dallas Symphony's performance, "From Russia With Love," last weekend.  I had great aspirations of creating a miniature Kremlin, but it didn't turn out exactly as I imagined.  Those little turret, mushroom domes were really tricky to cutout that small and the whole thing is layers of overlapping towers.  It's a beautiful building, but it was much more complicated than I thought it would be, at least the music was good.  The Symphony performed pieces from three Russian composers and it was wonderful!

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.