Flower Fails

I decided to keep on with the fails this week, but today I'm going to share some beautiful flowers while I tell you about my first garden.

"Viola Tricolor 1" - McKinney, Texas
When the bro and I were young, roughly nine and four, Mom decided that it would be great for each of us to have our own little garden.  She cleared out two good size areas for us in the flower bed that lined the fence in our backyard and took us to the nursery to pick out some plants.
"Narcissus 1" - McKinney, Texas
I was in a SUPER girlie phase and got every pink flowering whatever I could get my hands on.  I paid NO attention to size, lighting or water needs, just did it have flowers? yes, put it in the basket.  The bro was in the middle of a REALLY long dinosaur phase (from age 3 to 7, if memory serves), so he was interested in all the spiky succulents.
"Iris germanica 12" - McKinney, Texas
We got our plants home and in the ground, which I did not think was fun at all, but I added stepping stones and large quartz crystals to decorate mine and the bro populated his with a million different plastic dinosaurs and a dump truck.  I'm still a little fuzzy on how the dinosaurs drove the dump truck, but...Then the bro and I quickly lost interest in our gardens.  They were WAY too much work, as far as we were concerned, (my yard still is) and my garden promptly died.  The bro's garden did pretty well with the neglect.  I guess the moral of the story is to garden with dinosaurs and dump trucks if you're interested in a low maintenance garden.

Posted in , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.