No Empty Bowls Here

Last week was St. Peter's 4th Annual Empty Bowls fundraiser to support the hunger initiatives at the Community Lifeline Center.

"Empty Bowls 2" - McKinney, Texas
I gave you a very quick bit of information last week, including that with your ticket for good soup, you also get a bowl that was created by a local artist, many from various schools in McKinney.  But I wanted to give you an idea of the number of bowls donated.  This photograph shows a forth of the bowls that were out when my family and I got there, and we arrived toward the end of the event!
"Empty Bowls 3" - McKinney, Texas
And now some soup!
"Empty Bowls 4" - McKinney, Texas
Patina Green brought a Smoked Potato Soup with Charred Broccoli, Spring Onion, House-Made Yogurt, and Fennel Pollen.  The broccoli was my favorite part, but I am a big broccoli fan, Yum.
"Empty Bowls 5" - McKinney, Texas
Churchill's British Restaurant & Pub, soon to be renamed as an Irish pub with a slightly different name that I cannot remember for the life of me, brought a Cream of Roasted Bell Pepper soup, which was amazing.
"Empty Bowls 6" - McKinney, Texas
The McKinney Culinary Incubator brought Mac' N Cheese, not too cheesy which I like, and was super popular with the kids...
"Empty Bowls 7" - McKinney, Texas
And Tortilla soup, which was filled with all sorts of veggies.
"Empty Bowls 8" - McKinney, Texas
Square Burger, which has amazing burgers, brought Spring Pea Soup, which my mother said was delicious.
"Empty Bowls 9" - McKinney, Texas
Harvest, a new farm to table restaurant in McKinney, brought Carrot and Orange soup.
"Empty Bowls 10" - McKinney, Texas
I did not get to try it because there were so many options I couldn't try everything without having to be rolled out afterwards, but the color was beautiful and I heard good things from other people at the event.
"Empty Bowls 11" - McKinney, Texas
Bayou Jack's Cajun Grill brought their spin on Gumbo, a classic choice.
"Empty Bowls 12" - McKinney, Texas
Magic Mushroom Soup was the offering from the Mellow Mushroom which was topped with a tasty fried mushroom.
"Empty Bowls 13" - McKinney, Texas
There were a few restaurants that had been cleaned out before I got there: Snug on the Square had Tortilla Soup, The Pantry Restaurant had Chicken & Dumpling Soup, and McKinney's Sweet Spot served Gooey Butter Brownie Bites.
"Empty Bowls 14" - McKinney, Texas
Through the silent auction of the gorgeous bowls donated by well known local artists, St. Peter's raised just under $4,000 and I heard that overall the even raised over $20,000!
"Empty Bowls 15" - McKinney, Texas

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.