Little Bit About What's Going On...

So, on Monday I posted that there were big changes coming and I'd tell you all about them when I could and, I'm sure if you're anything like me and have a SERIOUSLY overactive imagination, you were picturing covert spy missions, jumping from building rooftops, dodging bullets, rescuing puppies and jewelry...

Alas, the truth is far less James Bond and more, George Costanza/Joey Tribbiani...My boss, aka Dad, is planning on slowing down his the litigation part of his law practice, focusing more on mediation (which is really a one man show) and headed toward retiring at some point in the future.  This means that he will not have much use for an assistant, aka me.  Cue the panic inducing, hours and hours revising my resume, massive and unnatural amounts of sweat provoking employment interviews.  I know what you're thinking, "That's not the end of the world, lots of people have to find new jobs  everyday, quit being so melodramatic, geez," and I say "Melodramatic? who's melodramatic, I have no idea what you're talking about," but there's more...
At the same time I find out I am soon to be unemployed, I am also told that my landlord has decided to put my house on the market.  Yep, unemployed and homeless!  I fully expect to take complete advantage of my friends and family and their hospitality, should it be necessary.  "Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that I was bringing my dog and three moving trucks worth of worldly possessions and we'll be living with you indefinitely?"
Honestly the whole thing will work out in the end and is really the push that I've needed, though it's a bit more like being thrown off a cliff...blindfolded.... strapped to a bomb.  Seriously, who are you calling melodramatic?!?  I started working for my dad because the economy tanked and took the majority of landscape jobs with it.  What was supposed to be a temporary job became more permanent than either my father or I had intended when he had to have a couple of surgeries and I became convinced that my self sufficient, was a sole practitioner with no assistant for a great deal of his career father could never get along without me.  I have also really enjoyed working with my father everyday...mostly, when he's not making me mental.  But it's time to let my father stretch his wings and sink or swim on his own, go for the goal, shot, basket, and whatever other encouraging, slightly disjointed sayings you want to add in there...and for me to get a life.  So I am diving back in and looking for my next amazing big girl job and somewhere to live.  And that's my news.  If are you looking for an unemployed, homeless person with a dog and an unholy amount of art supplies to join your company, PICK ME!!!

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.