Cars, Cars, and More Cars

Last week I promised you more antique car photographs and here they are:

"1957 Chevy 3" - McKinney, Texas
"1956 Ford Pickup 2" - McKinney, Texas
This week I'm sharing my apparent obsession with the signage, labels, names, words, whatever you want to call them on these restored wonders.
"1959 Willys Jeep 2" - McKinney, Texas
Here is Purplicious again.
"1955 Belair 2" - McKinney, Texas
I am more than a little fascinated with the various hood ornaments on antique cars.
"1955 Oldsmobile 2" - McKinney, Texas
The detailing that went into these cars is just amazing.
"1955 Chevy Belair 2" - McKinney, Texas
I think that's why I love old cars and houses so much.
"1967 Austin Healey 1" - McKinney, Texas
Because it's those special little details, like the lace-cut wood trim along the roof edge of a Victorian house, or the decorative hood ornament on a 1950s Belair, that really creates character and shows the level of craftsmanship and care that went into building them.
"1956 Belair 2" - McKinney, Texas
But I still want a really good working air conditioning and CD player, which is why, when I have a couple hundred thousand dollars, you know, spare change, lying around, I'm going to get a hot rod.
"1953 Chevy 1" - McKinney, Texas
The beauty of a vintage car with some of the luxuries of today.
"1957 Chevy 2" - McKinney, Texas
Dare to dream, dare to dream.
"1949 Chevy 2" - McKinney, Texas
In the meantime, I'll enjoy visiting the Morning Maniacs car shows.
"1956 Ford Pickup 1" - McKinney, Texas
Their next show is set for September 19th in Allen.  Stop by and ogle some gorgeous cars.
"1961 Corvette 2" - McKinney, Texas

Posted in , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.